Like us on Facebook

Monday, December 01, 2014

Sunday Sermon Recap

Sunday Sermon Recap
Sean Joel
Remaining in God's love


John 15:9-13

“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
-The word "remain" appears 3 times!

Meaning of remain-
-to continue to exist
-to carry on, to endure, to last, abide, persist.

To remain in God's love is to:
-to stay in God's love
-to continue in God's love
-to NOT depart from God's love

Being Faithful

Remaining in God's love
-Fellowship vs Relationship
• we are to fellowship with God
•Fellowship- to long for a person, to want to spend life with a person
•Relationship- related by blood, or connected
Abide in God's love•Abide:
-accept or act in accordance with
- obey

3 things implied
- Connection, Dependance, Continuance

Why?
"Your joy may be complete"


We can experience complete joy
-If we remain in God we have an infinite support.
So we can experience love
Joy= Confidence in Him


•We will bear fruits
-John 15:5
-to bear fruits or to become useless

How?

-Prayer- Daily, start with 15minutes throughout the day
Goal: 1 hour
-Obeying God's word
-Fellowship with God
-Devotions

4 steps to better devotions.
-make a decision to do it
-make a declaration
-make a determination
-double up

What hinders us
Media

Relationships
 -we can allow relationships to get in the way


Hobbies
 -spend too much time

Our pastor
 -too dependant


Ourselves
 -we are sinful by nature

Roman 8:38

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,[k] neither the present nor the future,nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Remain in God's love

No comments:

Post a Comment