Like us on Facebook

Thursday, January 15, 2015

We are Blessed!


 Job 42:10, 12-13, 15
"The Lord made him [Job] prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before…the Lord blessed that latter part of Job's life more than the first. He had fourteen thousand sheep, six thousand camels, a thousand yoke of oxen and a thousand donkeys. And he also had seven sons and three daughters....nowhere in the land were there found women as beautiful as Job's daughters..." 



Do you ever wonder why some people seem to have more blessings in their lives than others, or some people seem to have an easier time of things going through life than others?

 I often wonder why it is that I, your basic human sinner just trying to do the right thing, have been blessed with such a wonderful life, relatively free from massive health problems, financial problems, etc. when others I know tell me how 3 of their siblings have cancer, they are facing bankruptcy, and just developed a strange virus that the doctors can't cure. Many times, I feel both guilty that my life is so good, and also feel some trepidation that something big and bad is yet to come. 

When my thoughts turn in this direction, I am always reminded of Job, whose biblical example is the standard by which we are to be accepting of both the good and the bad that happen in life, and praise God for all of it. 

Whether you feel like your life is full of trials or of complete blessings, look at the example Job gives us and see how God is pleased by faithfulness and love through all things!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment